Apply document in UK

Apply document in UK
You can apply for a document to travel outside the UK if you’re not British and can’t use or get a passport from your country.


You must be living in the UK for one of the following reasons:Eunited king dom Travel document

  • you have permission to stay as a refugee or stateless person
  • you have humanitarian protection for a limited time after a failed asylum application
  • you have discretionary leave for a limited time after a failed asylum application
  • you’re settled here permanently (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’)

You must show that you’ve formally applied for and been unreasonably refused a passport by authorities in your country, unless you have permission to be in the UK as a refugee or stateless person.

How to Apply document :

Fill in form TD112 BRP and send it to the Home Office. The address is on the form.

You’ll need to apply for a biometric residence permit (BRP) if you don’t already have one that’s up to date. This is part of the travel document application. You won’t need to do this if you’re applying for a one-way document.

Some countries won’t accept a travel document if you have less than 6 months’ leave to remain in the UK on the date you travel. You should check you meet the requirements of the country you’re travelling to.

Family applications

If your family are applying at the same time, send all your applications in one envelope so they can be dealt with together. You must include a separate application form and payment for each person.

Get a new travel document

Apply for a new travel document using form TD112 BRP if yours is full up or has expired.

Types of travel documents

There are 4 different types you can apply for, depending on your status.

Your status Type of travel document Adult fee Child (15 or under) fee
Refugee Convention travel document £72 £46
Stateless Stateless person’s document £72 £46
You want to leave and not come back One-way document (also known as an IS137) £72 £46
Refused a passport by your own national authorities Certificate of travel £382 £244

Share this post